Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Baby

As life goes on, I begin to suspect that I'll never give birth to children; instead, I will have toys that become my children.

The New Baby

The New Baby

Yes, that's right. I got the spinning wheel (Schacht Ladybug) from The Loopy Ewe and it got here today. No, I haven't spun with it- I'm just taking a little time to analyze the scotch tensioner thingie it came with to make sure I'm using it right.

I really love it. I don't think I could be more happy with it, honestly. It's gorgeous, and it's fun, and cute, and they put a little ladybug on it just for me and I am just IN LOVE. And that's beore I've even spun on her! I need to give her a name- but I'm not sure what I'll be naming her. She's definitely a HER, though.

I'm trying not to feel guilty about this purchase. Truly, it was hard for me and I thought about it for a VERY long time. I got some inheritance money from my grandfather's estate in January and I decided that even though I am trying to make it LAST as long as possible, if I do not buy the spinning wheel NOW, when I can afford it- later on I will always wish I had. I know this because once when I was younger- about 5th or 6th grade- I ended up with about $3,000- a lot of money for a little kid. And I frittered it away, taking out $100 here, $200 there- buying silly things (makeup, clothes, etc). And afterwards I always wished I had bought a sewing machine. So, there you have it. I've made a big purchase, and it's one that I'm going to love for YEARS to come.

In other news, we're going to the Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival, and HOPEFULLY to Rhinebeck as well - eee!!!! I'm very excited. And Jeremy's coming at the end of this month and we're going to get to spend our birthdays together and I'm just feeling SOOO good about it.

:)

No comments: