Friday, December 15, 2006

Fair Isle for Fun

So, I know I don't have pictures of my finished Koigu socks but I am waiting to block them because I want them to look absolutely perfect. I have a bit of a photo series planned ;-) Anyway, right now I'm using that amazing yarn I mentioned to knit a pair of socks X-Treme style. I've had some problems with the technique (see: crossed yarn a couple times) so I had to rip back to the toe (not that I'd gotten that far) and I don't think I'll be making socks like this again because it is kind of a pain in the butt, even if it does give me official knitting goddess status. but the yarn I bought is actually on the thinner side for socks sooo... I need to use the smaller size dpns that I have. Anyway, I decided this morning I wanted to mix it up a bit.




I don't know if I'm making a pair yet (the mitten itself may become some sort of ornament), but I'm working on the "Selbu mitten" from Folk Mittens. It's not exactly what I wanted but its turning out really nice. I can't wait till I get it washed and blocked- I bet they'll turn out great. I don't really do a lot of fair isle and I hate working on dpns to be honest but these are turning out quite good. The purple and the pink is a really good combo (it is KnitPicks Pallete, and I'm thinking about doing this same design with some modifications. I don't realy like the thumb gusset or the thumb design- i'd do the whole gusset in a solid color if it were up to me, you can't see the rest of the thumb obviously but it has a snowflake and I can think of ways to make it look better. I'm also thinking of doing some doubleknit reversible mittens with the snowflake. I need to buy more KnitPicks Pallete. Lol.

No comments: