Friday, June 20, 2008

Long Time No See

Yeah, I've been gone for a while. I've actually gotten around to taking some photos and stuff so I'm going to make a post and I promise I will try to post here more often, but I can't make any promise that there will actually be more posts. I ordered a couple sock blanks from KnitPicks, though, so hopefully that will make for a few fun blog posts. We'll have to see, though.

Anyway, just to fill you in- I've come and gone from partial hospitalization treatment for my eating disorder, and I feel a helluva lot better than I did when I was in Ithaca, but I'm still struggling a bit so things are sort of tenuous. I'm at my aunt's house in Rochester indefinitely- until I figure out what else to do.

ANYWAY, when I got here I knitted a scarf for my aunt:

Quickie Scarf

She needed something orange to wear for the awards ceremony at the Rochester School for the Deaf (where she works) so she had me knit that for her. It was super quick and took surprisingly little yarn, so it was a nice sorta "get me knitting" project.

Silky Frost Flowers

That's right, I'm working on Frost Flowers & Leaves from A Gathering of Lace, like I said before. Inspired by Eunny Jang. As you can see I'm not terribly far on it, but it's already looking nice and I'm slowly working on it. I switched off from my Addi Turbo 0's to the KnitPicks Circs because they're pointier and thus better for lace, and now it's just a matter of tearing myself away from World of Warcraft long enough to knit (My character just hit lvl 60.. I can't help it, I want to be 70 before June ends).

All in all.. I'm just hanging around.

No comments: