Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Swaps & Baby Surprise

I got a package last week from my Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 3 Pal!

HSKS 3 Package


You know are you jealous. Thanks so much to Jen C for the awesome kit. I think it was a good thing for me to switch to Ravenclaw for this round, because the yarn I got was GORGEOUS. I looove it. And Jen also managed to pick out something I'd never smelled before and totally get something I liked. This may have been luck, or she may have been skilled, but I'm certainly thrilled no matter what. My pal's stuff is going out this week, along with my Hogwarts Sock Swap pal's stuff as well. I'm still waffling on which yarn to give my sock pal, because I have separation anxiety about yarn. I'm weird, I know.

I finished up the Baby Surprise Jacket:

Baby Surprise Jacket the first

I like how it turned out, though I'm not crazy about how my neckline turned out. I think my cast-on got too tight at some point, so the back of the neck isn't as stretchy as the front, but it still looks OK and will not be noticeable on the baby, so I don't mind. I am probably going to make another one, because I do have enough of the Swish Superwash to make another. I'm starting to freak out just a bit that the Swish will not live up to the "superwash" thing, so I'm thinking I'll just put hand wash on them. It won't be the end of the world if it gets accidentally washed, but I don't want to disappoint Ivory. I'm hoping we can sort of be friends, you know? Wives of the Tudor boys and all that. And I know she'd feel bad if she washed it and it shrunk before Elijah gets too big for it.

Anyhow, I'm off to finish boxing up my Hogwarts swaps stuff. I'm going to make Jeremy mail them out tomorrow, and then HOPEFULLY I'll be able to go through all my yarn and start pulling out stuff for destash on Etsy. I need to do a major destash before I go back to New York.

And some mittens from the mitten swap I did. I think I'm definitely into doing another one of these. I've decided you can't have too many pairs.

Yay for mittens

No comments: