Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Singing Her Praises

I know, I rave about her. Elizabeth Zimmerman is practically a goddess to me. When I posted on Zimmermaniacs and got a response from Meg Swansen (daughter of EZ) I practically squee'd myself out of my own body. I get that response sometimes- it's the reaction to the people who are celebrities in my own mind- people whose work I love, people who I never thought I'd meet, etc. I had similar reactions to Bill Nye and John Cleese when I met them during college.

But I digress.. I started a baby surprise jacket today.

Beginning

It's one of EZ's more popular pattern. I have always been amazed by it- if you're familiar at all with the E.Z. phenomenon you'll realize that the Baby Surprise Jacket (or BSJ for short) is what a lot of people call a knitting miracle. You basically knit this big garter stitch thing that becomes a baby jacket.

I'm obviously not that far. But if you want to see some finished photos of the jacket, check here. It's really amazing.

So, in short.. EZ is the BOMB. Seriously. I could probably write a whole book about how much I love her, but right now I'm just sticking with the jacket. It's going to be cute.

No comments: